Two Methods: Changes in Diet, Changes in Lifestyle
When it’s time to get down to business and make babies, you want to do everything you can to make that happen. Fortunately, there have been many studies about this in recent years, and increasing your sperm volume has been well researched and there are answers that might help. We’ll show you a few ways to do this.
Method 1 of 2: Changes in Diet
1. Modify your diet. The right changes in the things you eat can lead to more, as well as healthier, sperm. Don’t underestimate this step.
Reduce or eliminate processed foods and switch to a diet low in fats, and high in protein. Eat many vegetables and whole grains, and buy organic foods when possible. Drink plenty of water.
2. Increase your intake of foods rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. These nutrients can lower sperm defects and increase sperm motility. It is as easy as including an orange for dessert! A single 8-ounce (230 ml) glass of fresh orange juice contains about 124 milligrams of vitamin C — a full day’s supply.
3. Take in plenty of mineral zinc. It’s associated with increased semen volume, sperm count and testosterone levels. Take in about 11mg daily, which you can get by eating walnuts, beans, oysters, beef, and chicken.
4. Take in amino acids, as supplements or in food. Amino acids, traces of which can be found in meats, fruits, and vegetables, are believed to increase sperm count and keep the sperm from clumping. Amino acids that you can incorporate into your diet include:
L-Carnitine, which can be found in red meat and milk
L-Arginine, which can be found in nuts, sesame seeds, and eggs
L-Lysine, which can be found in dairy and cheeses
5. Try supplementing your diet with folic acid. Folic acid (Vitamin B9) may contribute to an increase for semen. The 400 micrograms daily are found in cereals, green leafy vegetables, legumes, and orange juice.
6. Increase your daily amounts of calcium and vitamin D. You can take supplements of both, or spend significant time in the sun so your body can synthesize vitamin D, and eat plenty of yogurt, skim milk, and salmon to boost your calcium intake. If you do spend more time in the sun, be sure to lather up with some sunscreen to prevent damage from harmful rays and possible melanoma.
7. Consume allicin, which comes from garlic. Allicin, an organosulfur compound, increases sperm volume by optimizing blood flow to your sexual organs, creating millions of happier sperm. Find new and interesting dishes to add to your garlic repertoire, or beast it and act like a real man by adding a clove or two of raw garlic to your vegetable smoothie in the morning.
8. Eat more of the following sperm-healthy foods. If you want your sperm to be brimming with healthy little apples of your eye, consider incorporating more of the following foods into your diet:
Tahir’s Antioxidant Formula
Tahir’s Rabi Formula
Tahir’s Pumpkin seeds Formula
Tahir’s Immune Booster Formula
Tahir’s Asparagus Formula
Tahir’s Vitamin B12 Formula
Method 2 of 2: Changes in Lifestyle
1. Clean up your lifestyle. Certain lifestyle habits, which stress your body and immune system, will lead to a lower sperm count. If you are trying to make a baby, it’s best to refrain from smoking, drugs (except prescription drugs — check with your doctor on this one), and alcohol in moderation.
2. Drop your drawers. Not literally, but make sure your testicles are not jammed up against your body. Heat will kill the little guys, so switch to boxers and give them some breathing room. If there’s a reason that men are born with testicles on the outside of their body, it’s for them to stay nice and cool.
3. Get off the bicycle. Bicycle seats are notorious for reducing sperm count, and if you think about it for a moment, you will realize why. The pressure, the jostling, the bouncing — none of these are what sperm enjoy. Switch to the car or the bus while you’re in sperm production mode, and your workers will respond with higher production.
4. Get out of the hot tub. Yes, it’s conducive to the right mood, but while you’re making moony eyes, they’re succumbing to heatstroke. Leave the tubing for relaxation afterwards.
5. Lighten up. Stress kills, and while you may be able to handle it for a while, your sperm is not nearly so rugged. Stress can interfere with the hormones needed to assist in sperm production. Given any kind of emotional (or physical) abuse and they’ll wriggle off to that great scrotum in the sky, never to return.
6. Keep your weight in check. Being too large — or too small — can affect hormonal balance. Too much estrogen or too little testosterone will have a negative impact on your sperm count. So hit the gym before you hit the sack, and find new and interesting ways to keep yourself motivated, so you don’t give up on your weight loss mission before it starts.
7. Knock off the steroids. While they may help you bulk up your muscles, your un-muscular testicles will shrink. Regardless of sperm count issues, who wants that? Anabolic steroids are harmful to your overall health.
8. Get your rest. Your body does most of the good production work while you sleep — and that includes sperm production. Get a full 8 hours of sleep every night when you’re working on upping your sperm count.
9. Try PC muscle exercises. PC muscle exercises are used by men not only to last longer, but also to increase the volume of their sperm. There are a lot of PC muscle exercises that you can do to both satisfy your partner and give your progeny the best shot at success.
10.Stay away from lubricants during sex. Lubricants, while helpful for the process, may be harmful for the results. That’s because lubricants, including saliva, lotions, and jellies, can interfere with sperm movement. If you need to, try using vegetable oil, peanut oil, or a lubricant such as PreSeed, which may not harm your sperm.
10 Limit your exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation. Toxic chemicals and radiation can cause permanent damage to sperm. If you regularly work with toxic chemicals, be sure to wear protective covering (gloves, masks, etc.) so you limit exposure to your skin. Avoid areas that you know produce too much of radiation, and only opt for medical procedures involving radiation if necessary.
11. Take note. All the above advice will not only help you increase the quantity of sperm, it will also improve the quality. Keep them healthy, active, and ready for the journey to come, and with any luck, one of them will reward you by becoming a baby!